“More chilli?!” Jack exclaimed. I nodded with a smile. “Are you nuts?” He added. Already sweating he picked another slice reluctantly. He doesn’t take kind to loosing a challenge. He already lost the card game so he had to do what I asked without question.
For some reason it was the only dare I could think of all night and my card game was ace, pun fully intended. I was on a roll. “You’re the devil I swear!” Jack snorted.
Drawing the pizza slice to his face he side eyed me to check if I was willing to change my dare. Sweat droplets dripping from his nose right into the pizza. He was about to bite into. Red hot chilli pepper staring at him with murderous intent.
I leaned back and urged him on. ” Wait, before you do this let me…” I stuttered, taking the slice from him, “…add more”.
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “more.” Start your post with the word “more.” Enjoy!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!